Home > Welcome
Jim Overton
Duval County Tax Collector
231 E. Forsyth Street
Jacksonville, FL 32202
(904) 255-5700

Email: taxcollector@coj.net

Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Ed Ball Permitting Branch
7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Vehicle Registration Self-Service Kiosks Now Available at Select Publix Locations
October 27, 2021 You can skip the wait and renew your vehicle registration at a self-service kiosk – including after hours and on the weekend – at select Publix locations!
FAQ Icon
Can I make a payment online if my taxes are delinquent?
Delinquent Property Taxes can be paid online with a credit card (2.5% transaction fee), e-checks are not accepted for Delinquent Property Taxes.
Can I pay my tax bill in installments?
We do offer an installment plan. This plan breaks up your payments into quarterly installments due in June, September, December, and March. For additional information and eligibility criteria for the installment plan click here.
Have my taxes been paid? Can I get a payment receipt?
You can view up-to-date payment information on our website under the Property Tax Search.  To confirm taxes have been paid on a parcel, the If Paid By amount will reflect zero and the payment details will be reflected as shown below.  To print a receipt for payment click the Print link at the top of the page.

How can I get a copy of my deed?
The Clerk of Court maintains all deed records.  Their website is www.duvalclerk.com/ccWebsite/.
How can I see if there are municipal liens on an account?
To view active municipal liens for a particular parcel, please enter the account number here.
How do I change the mailing address, spelling, name, etc. on my property tax bill?
The Property Appraiser's Office is responsible for maintaining and correcting billing information for each property record. Each year the property records are certified to the Tax Collector for collection. By law, the Tax Collector is prohibited from making corrections to a certified property tax record. Please contact the Property Appraiser to request any address, spelling, or billing corrections. The Property Appraiser website is www.coj.net/pa.
My escrow (mortgage) information isn’t correct, what should I do?
If you pay your taxes through an escrow account, the mortgage company is required to request your bill from the Tax Collector each year. As a property owner, you will receive a Do Not Pay Notice in November. This notice looks similar to a tax bill and contains all of your tax information and the name of the mortgage company that requested your bill. The words "Do Not Pay -Informational Notice Only" will be displayed both the top portion of the notice and the stub.  If you have escrowed your taxes and received a regular tax bill, you will need to contact your mortgage company immediately. If you do not escrow your annual property taxes and you received a Do Not Pay Notice in error, you may remit payment using the stub included with the notice.
Mortgage companies submit their billing roll to the Tax Collector once a year. If you find the mortgage company listed on your tax record is incorrect, please contact your CORRECT mortgage company to ensure they have your account listed in their billing file. Florida law places the responsibility of knowing your property taxes are due and have been paid on the property owner.
What do the exemption codes mean?
Click here to view the complete listing of exemption codes.  The Property Appraiser is responsible for applying exemptions to each parcel.  If you feel there is an error with your exemptions, contact the Property Appraiser at www.coj.net/pa.
Why did my tax bill increase/decrease?
The Tax Collector is responsible for collecting the taxes.  The Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the amount of taxes due. The Property Appraiser determines each property’s value and applies exemptions as eligible. Taxes increase or decrease due to a change in values, exemptions, and/or millage rates. Each August the Property Appraiser sends a “Truth in Millage (TRIM) Notice” to each property owner. This notice provides a detailed breakdown of the property’s value, exemptions, etc. If you feel there is a discrepancy with the TRIM notice, please contact the Property Appraiser at www.coj.net/pa.
Why do you charge a credit card transaction "convenience fee"? 
We are aware some taxpayers like the option of paying via credit card.  There is a fee of 2.5% of the total transaction to use a credit card as payment. This fee is charged by the credit card processing vendor. Neither the City of Jacksonville nor the Tax Collector’s Office receives any portion of this fee. You can avoid the fee by mailing in your payment (check or money order) or by paying at one of our nine branches with check or cash.
Do you take credit cards or debit cards?
We accept debit cards for transactions up to $500 and credit card payments (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover) through an agreement with Bill2Pay, a payment processing company.  Bill2Pay will charge a convenience fee of $2 for debit card transactions, and credit cards have a 2.5% or $2 minimum processing fee charged by the vendor. The Tax Collector's Office does not receive any portion of this fee.
I have lost my renewal notice. What information do I need to renew my license plate?
The renewal notices are provided as a courtesy and are not required to renew your registration.  By providing the Registered Owner’s Florida driver’s license number, if applicable, along with the current license plate number, vehicle identification number and/or title number of the vehicle/vessel being renewed, our office can access the necessary information to process the renewal. Proof of Florida insurance may be required on applicable vehicles.
I have moved and need to update my registration and driver's license address?
You may visit one of our branch locations to request a duplicate Florida driver’s license and vehicle registration with an address change. The fees can be found for the driver's license and registration can be found here.  These requests may also be processed online by visiting the State of Florida's www.gorenew.com website.
I renewed my tag but I never received it?
The REGISTERED OWNER(S) with proper identification may obtain a replacement license plate/decal/parking placard by either visiting one of our branches or mailing an application (form HSMV 83146) to us.  If you would like to obtain a replacement by mail, submit an Application for Replacement License Plate, Validation Sticker, or Parking Permit (form HSMV 83146).  This form can be obtained from our office or downloaded at www.flhsmv.gov.  Mail the completed form to

Duval County Tax Collector
231 E Forsyth St Room 212
Jacksonville, FL 32202

If a replacement is processed within 180 days of the original issuance date there is no fee.
If I renew online how long does it take to receive my registration?
You should receive your renewal within 10 business days of processing online. 
Is there a charge for renewing online?
Yes, you can visit the State of Florida's website at www.gorenew.com to update address information.
What is your mailing address?
Duval County Tax Collector
231 E Forsyth St Room 212
Jacksonville, FL 32202