Accessibility Statement And Access Key Legend
The City of Jacksonville is committed to making our websites accessible to all audiences. We are continually seeking solutions to improve taxcollector.coj.net. If there are changes we can make to our website to make it easier to use, or if you encounter material or services that you cannot access, please let us know. Your feedback helps us to identify areas where we can improve. Please contact the City of Jacksonville’s ADA Coordinator with any questions or comments:
- Kara Tucker, ADA Coordinator, Disabled Services Division
- Phone: (904) 255-5466
- TTY: (904) 255-5475
- Fax: (904) 255-5474
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of Disabled Services: 117 West Duval Street, Suite 205, Jacksonville, FL 32202
Access Key Legend
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by pressing access keys on your keyboard. On Windows, you can press ALT + Access Key (Chrome), ALT + Access Key + Enter (Internet Explorer) or ALT + Shift + Access Key (Firefox); on Macintosh, you can press Control + Option + Access Key (Safari, Firefox, and Chrome). All pages on this site use the following access keys:
- Access key 1 – Home Page
- Access key 2 – Skip to Content
- Access key 3 – Site Map
- Access key 4 – Search
- Access key 5 – Main Navigation
- Access key 6 – Sub Navigation
- Access key 7 – Top of Page
- Access key 8 – All Departments
- Access key 9 – Breadcrumbs
- Access key 0 – Accessibility Statement
Visitors using the JAWS screen reader 8 or above can navigate using the following keystrokes:
- H to cycle forward through the headings
- Shift + H to cycle backwards through the headings
- 1 to navigate to the next level 1 heading (or a number between 1 and 6 to navigate to the next heading on this level)
- Shift + 1 to navigate to the previous level 1 heading (or a number between 1 and 6 to navigate to the previous heading on this level)
- Insert + F6 to provide a list of all headings
We are committed to meeting the guidelines set forth by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, and W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG2). All pages on COJ.net use structured semantic markup. H1 tags are used for main titles, H2 tags for subtitles. View the City of Jacksonville Americans with Disabilities Act Notice.
All new or modified pages use alternate-text on content images to provide a meaningful replacement for each image. Images without alternate-text are decorative, supplemental to the rest of the content, or redundant with other information in the document.
When viewing videos in Windows Media Player, you can turn on video captions if they’re available. To do this, right click on the video, go to “Lyrics, captions, and subtitles”, then choose “On if available”.
The City of Jacksonville publishes a variety of content. Sometimes that content is better suited in formats that require a plug-in. Below are all the plugins used on this website.
This site uses cascading style sheets (CSS) for visual layout. If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets, content of each page will still be readable.
We designed COJ.net to support the following browsers specifically, as well as all standards-compliant browsers:
- Microsoft Edge 79.0.309 or above for Windows
- Microsoft Edge 79.0.309 or above for Macintosh
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or above for Windows
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or above for Macintosh
- Safari 4 or above for Macintosh
- Safari 4 or above for Windows
- Google Chrome 11 or above for Macintosh
- Google Chrome 11 or above for Windows